What We Did
Students submitted their definition-by-example essays, finished interviewing Stephanie and Desmond, and began the drafts of their memos.
Materials You Need
Reading to Do
- Little Snow White
- Why Do Some Zoos Euthanize Healthy Animals?
- Google, Tell Me. Is My Son a Genius?
- The Grinch Who Stole the Semester
- Snoop Makes Mashed Potatoes
- Prison Vs. School
Homework for the Next Class
Finish the draft of your memo. A final version is due on Wednesday, October 29.
Read/view the seven pieces above and take your fourth reading quiz in Blackboard. This 100-point quiz is required.
The quiz will be available until 15 minutes before class on Monday, October 27.
To take a quiz in Blackboard, follow these directions:
- Be certain that you have completed all of the reading/viewing BEFORE you begin the quiz.
- Log into Blackboard.
- Click on our class—ENC 1101.
- Click on Assessments in the left sidebar.
- Click on Reading Quiz 3. You will have 10 minutes to take the quiz. Keep an eye on the timer. If you let the 10 minutes elapse before you have finished, your choices will not count.
- Click Save Answer or > after you have finalized your choice for each question.
- Click Save and Submit at the end of the quiz.
- You have only one attempt at this quiz, so be sure to follow all of these directions.
- If you encounter a problem with Blackboard, call the helpline immediately at 407-582-5600. Then send me an email with the exact time Blackboard went down and your ticket number. I will try to resolve a problem only if you have followed these instructions.
- You must complete this quiz by the time specified above. Otherwise, you will receive zero points.